Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - TREC Class C "ZJ"
View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2011, 12:53 AM   #3
COYOTE
Cup holders & Rollbars

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

THE PLAN

I thought the Jeep ran pretty well in the Trailmaster Challenge race. Just needs to be beefed up to take the hard landings and survive 3-4 hours of racing.

In the TMC race I lost brakes during the second lap, very detrimental to speed. So reroute brake lines and add protection.

Due to all the sweet air I was getting apparently it was hard on the front axle. So beef up the front Dana 30, because I still want to feel that lightness over bumps and hills.

I tend to hit a lot stuff while going thru the woods and just for safety I want to cut roof off and ďcageĒ it. I plan on running bars inside the door skins also.

Maybe truss the rear axle.

Another words toughen it up. I was happy with the power of the 318. Really impressed with the steering throughout the race and suspension worked great.

Donít want to spend a lot of money doing this and thatís what is great about the ďCĒ Class. You are not allowed to change any of the running gear. You are required to maintain stock body panels and look.

Iíve already built the new front axle. Iíll document that next. Once that is installed weíre getting the saw out. Canít wait!

Last edited by COYOTE; December 17th, 2011 at 01:36 AM.
COYOTE is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06712 seconds with 20 queries