Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 1992 YJ driver
Thread: 1992 YJ driver
View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2011, 09:35 PM   #36
Rob the plumber
Licensed master plumber

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'll try to get some close pictures tomorrow. It was pretty easy to install. I used the stock a/C compressor mounting holes to secure a plate to mount the blower. I used 1/8" plate. I had to use some spacers to raise the blower high enough for the discharge to clear the valve cover. Line the blower pulley up with the other pulleys, mark, drill holes in the plate and bolt it together. The stock Eaton pulley makes about 5 psi. I bought a smaller pulley that makes about 8 psi. A couple 2.75" couplings and a 90 make up the plumbing.
Installing the blower is cake. Very easy. Tuning it in is where the challenge is.
I used gtp 36lb injectors with increased base fuel pressure and a gtp 2 bar map sensor. I also bought a map sensor voltage adjuster on Ebay to fine tune as best I could.
I tried 24lb injectors, stock map sensor, and an fmu, but it just was not enough fuel.
A wideband o2 sensor is also a necessity. A safe air/fuel ratio under boost is critical.
Rob the plumber is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05617 seconds with 20 queries