Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Best 5th wheel or gooseneck hitch and why?
View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2011, 06:32 PM   #20
Mclovin
"The Situation"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mclovin Send a message via Yahoo to Mclovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
I don't see the problem? Frame flex and bed movement under load is normal. The b&w Bitches are not attached to the bed in any way and the ball in its mount has less play than a regular hitch in a reciever. You might want to watch for cracks in the collar around the ball but if that movement makes you panic sell your truck and buy a microbus.

Personally I think a 5th wheel hitch pulles better than a gooseneck. Most gooseneck trailers are set up to have a kingpin that can be slid in place of the ball reciever. Just make sure the 5th whgrl hitch is rated according to your trailer. I had a bad case of a 16k reece sliding 5th wheel hitch sliding while in motion. But the hitch was way over loaded.
Just makin sure I dont know a lot about Gn's yet..
as for 5th wheels.. I agree they do seem like they would pull better im just concerned about if i ever have to pull into an uneven area and articulation limitations on the 5th wheel setups
Mclovin is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07077 seconds with 20 queries