Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - rc traxxas emaxx 4x4 $300 update...
View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2011, 05:16 PM   #4
LS6454

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Yes i knew it was a 3906 due to the fact it has the 2 speed transmission.The 3906 is the legacy model that first came out in late 2000 and early 2001. When it came out the truck was $ 325.00. That model has very weak diffs, drive shafts and transmission. And can not handle a bl system for any serious running. Although the VXL in that truck isnt that powerful. So you might be able to get away with it. But i can guarantee that the esc and motor get very hot ! Especially when pushing around tires and rims that weigh considerably more then the stock rims and tires . Also the VXL system is only $ 155.00 new. So thats why i question your prices you posted. Your truck might be the same size as some 1/8 scale models but the truck is manufactured as a 10th scale truck. You have 8th scale tires and rims and thats why it appears to be bigger. A new 3903 is the same price your asking for yours.
Also i wouldnt insult you with an offer. Absolutely no disrespect and please dont take my comments the wrong way , i just know a great deal about the RC hobby.
LS6454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06646 seconds with 20 queries