Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Fourth Times a Charm
View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2011, 06:13 AM   #1
kmanxj5011

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Fourth Times a Charm

Little history behind the name, this is my fourth xj/mj.

My first was a 2001 i bought in 2006 when i was 17. Traded that off for a dodge ram in spring of 2010. It was bone stock, i put a 3" RC lift in it, then 4.5 rustys then made that 6.5".

here it is:

Then i wanted a truck so I traded the Xj for a 01 Dodge Ram.

I had the dodge for a short time and was buying a house, sold it to pay off some bills before the purchase.

So i picked this XJ up for $750, Had a tree fall on the roof, had a 4.5" Rusty's Lift. Bought it from the Original owner.

Put some some beadlocks, tires, and a snorkel on it.

Then I came across this MJ, and traded the XJ for it.

Going into this I knew I wouldn't have it for long. Had a baby in March and a small truck just doesnt fit the bill. But trading straight up for it was a good deal. It had ariound 8" lift, RK LA's, HP D30 front with 4:88 gears, lock right locker, Superior alloys shaft,Teraflex highsteer knuckle and homebrew DOM/heim steering. The rear was a disced 8.8 with 4:88's and a LSD.

I drove the mj for a while and ended up sticking a rod through the block late this summer. So i bought this XJ (fourth one)

After driving it for about a month while i was stripping the MJ, it went under the knife.

I Took the axles, LA kit and front coils (believe they are 7.5" RE's) from the MJ. Bought a XJ bastard pack of Bravada springs, and 2" shackles off here, and 1.5" UBE's from TNT Customs, and got to work.

And no the Hi Lift wasnt there to hold it up, These two doors just have a ton of flex to the unibody. The front end would drop a couple inches with the stands behind the crossmember.

I also readjusted some teeth while setting up the rear axle i stuck the DS in there to see what angles were like and dropped it right on my mouth!!

This was right after a test drive after pulling it out of the garage.

Comparison to a lower quality square light Jeep.

All I've done since the lift and axle swap from cut fender and cut and fold rear QP's.

Took it wheeling at R&V couple weekends ago.

Future plans are HD Offroad shackle relocation boxes and frame stiffeners.

I ordered 2x6 tube to replace the rockers yesterday (will tie into frame after stiffeners)

And a ways down the road, a hybrid cage similar to this one
Another Hybrid Cage Build - NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association

Last edited by kmanxj5011; January 27th, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
kmanxj5011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09324 seconds with 21 queries