View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2011, 10:30 AM   #7
gotsand?
sie sehen mich rollin ...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to gotsand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
I disagree. If I need to get into a tighter spot, I want the gooseneck. I can back in at a much tighter angle with the gooseneck. I can be slightly over 90 degrees with the gooseneck. You won't do that with a bumper pull.

For a car hauler pulling offroad Jeeps, do not go with a 5th wheel connection. A gooseneck has MUCH more flexibility in movement if you get in off camber situations where the truck and trailer get twisted around getting into someplace with a lot of hills or dips in the driveways, etc... I think I remember that a gooseneck typically has about 15* of movement to play with, while a gooseneck has at least 30*. I may be off on that some, but the GN has more room to move on the ball than a goose does on the plate.
I agree with you when it comes to backing in that you can crank off a gooseneck much tighter, all I know is that when heading back into the woods, my buddy has a harder time on the tighter access trails.

It is all a matter of preference....I do plan on getting a gooseneck eventually, I just wanted to express that they do pull/track differently.
gotsand? is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06214 seconds with 11 queries