View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2011, 10:26 AM   #6
84Scrambler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsand? View Post
Gooseneck/5th wheels do pull nicer, and ride better, however, they dont track the same as a bumper pull......if you need to get into tighter spots the gooseneck can be a pain in the ass.

Me and my buddies pull double duties with our trailers, we haul wood on them too.....I have no problems in the woods with my bumper pull where my buddy complains that his GN is a PITA.

There are trade offs with both....good luck!

I disagree. If I need to get into a tighter spot, I want the gooseneck. I can back in at a much tighter angle with the gooseneck. I can be slightly over 90 degrees with the gooseneck. You won't do that with a bumper pull.

For a car hauler pulling offroad Jeeps, do not go with a 5th wheel connection. A gooseneck has MUCH more flexibility in movement if you get in off camber situations where the truck and trailer get twisted around getting into someplace with a lot of hills or dips in the driveways, etc... I think I remember that a gooseneck typically has about 15* of movement to play with, while a gooseneck has at least 30*. I may be off on that some, but the GN has more room to move on the ball than a goose does on the plate.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04510 seconds with 11 queries