Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Project: Pavement Still Sucks
View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2011, 06:07 PM   #57
GREASYHANDS
arachnis deathacis

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmanxj5011 View Post
I see. One of my buddies has the same issue except cut higher and the whole rear rocker was cut off instead of folded.
Do the rear quarters flop in the wind?

So I have been slowly picking away at the rear of my jeep. I started to prep the back side for the install of my new shackle relocation boxs. The bumper came off sunday afternoon, and today I tackled the Hidden Hitch. It took a bit of heat to get the nuts to come off the nut strip but every one came off. The worst part was the washers had rusted onto the studs holding it in place.
I cut a small hole in between the bumper mounts to access the welded nut that secures the upper shackle bolt. I had been spraying this nut with penetrating oil since the bumper came off. 3ft breaker bar and the bolts both broke free with ease. Now I need to find some down time and actully tear it all apart.
I found a factory gas tank skid laying in my parts pile also. Prolly gonna sandwich that thing up there too. The only thing keeping me from putting it on before is because I never wanted to pull my hitch down. So I guess now is the time to do it.

I got a coat of prime on the brackets monday. What color should I paint them? I have a good quart of Rustolem paint, color : Aluminum. But I was thinking about not using it.
Meow
GREASYHANDS is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06067 seconds with 20 queries