Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Are you Christian?
View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2005, 09:40 AM   #38
amc78cj7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandman
If i live a cleaner more just life then the next guy , do lots of good deeds and help others while he is a flipping jerk but he trust in God that means im ass out and he is in ? Fine i dont want to go there then .

Ill take it to the bibble . :gman:
If you view it in quantum rather than relative terms it becomes simple. If a single sin separates you from heaven just as much as 100 sins, then how could you enter heaven if say you stole a toothbrush at age 10, or said the lords name in vain at age 15? It's true, you should try to live your life as a good, honest person; but that is not enough to enter into heaven.

From the Bible. Luke 23:42 about the thief (a man who certainly sinned throughout his life) while hanging on a cross next to Jesus.:

Luke 23:39-43

[39] One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: "Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!"

[40] But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence? [41] We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong."

[42] Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."

[43] Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

Last edited by amc78cj7; December 21st, 2005 at 09:50 AM.
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07745 seconds with 20 queries