Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - favorite place to hit the trails on your sled
View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2011, 06:43 PM   #5
joe_jeep
welfare wheeler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to joe_jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
Cadillac trails are good and I also like the Millersburg trail up by Onaway.

We usually ride from grayling northwest towards the Jordan Valley, that is where most of the snow fall in the lower.

The bombing range in Grayling is always good even if the trails are not.

The UP is cool but its alot like a highway, not what the lower is like. Our trip to Drummond Island was fun. But I have not been up around Keewenaw and would like to.
i go to the bombing range almost every night.(boring)

have ridden the jordan valley extensively.(been there done that)

i know very little about the caddilac trails, other than its hard to get to from houghton lake. all the trails are south of caddilac. coming in from the north is lot of pavement, unless you find some back road around the city.

i lived in the u.p. for about 6 years. rode alot there. on the south west side near escanaba. mostly rode on little bay de noc, or the fire roads inside the big burn by rapid river.

have not been on drummond on a sled since i rode on my dads gas tank of his 72 puma. been ther in my jeep a handful of times though.

caddilac and the u.p. are good options. rode from newberry to grand marais and back last season. it was a nice trail system.

seney, keewanaw, and tahquamenon falls are options too.

i heard there was a rails to trails system from grand rapids to caddilac. anyone ridden it yet?

Last edited by joe_jeep; November 29th, 2011 at 06:49 PM.
joe_jeep is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05939 seconds with 20 queries