Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Dear christians.
View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #70
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadcooper55 View Post
I know there are modest preachers who live a meager existance. From my experience they are few and far between though, every time I look out my window I see a perfect example. I have no problem with christains what so ever, however I do have a problem with hypocrites. It just happens to be that 98% of christains are hypocrites.
Well, from my experience they are very common. My dad's College buddies are all pastors....mostly because his college was seminary. They are all great guys and none of them live extravagantly. If you were to go to a majority of the small town churches I think you'll find they are struggling to pay the bills/meet the needs of the community.

Are there corrupt and messed up pastors in the world? Absolutely, but I think, from my more intimate experience, they are the few and far between. If you are in it to make money, and you know anything about churches and thier budgets, you won't become a pastor.

Also, We're all hypocrites. We strive to live an example of perfection in imperfect bodies. AND the squeaky wheel gets the most grease. You hear about corrupt pastors all the time but you don't hear about the millions of pastors/churches in our country that are helping the needy both locally and far away.
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07498 seconds with 20 queries