Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Dear christians.
View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2011, 11:42 PM   #53
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by opie View Post
I have not reached any of my conclusions based on hearsay or a lack of personal involvement in church. I spent my early years, most of them, involved in a Baptist Church in FL. My family put my brother and I on a bus every Sunday morning and we went to mass and then Sunday School. My wife and I spent a few years at a Methodist church here in Lansing.
Well, I guess there's not much more to say then. I will be praying for you and hoping that God will show you that you need him.

Quote:
Now we are going to touch on some of the specific things I find revolting about religion. His "gift" isn't free. It costs money to receive and accept his "gift". The church is much like the Government and the IRS, On one hand the church will say the things you are saying to me, and on the other pass around the offering plate and ask that I support you telling me I'm going to hell if I don't participate. I realize that tithing is not "required." But there are some churches that will take it right from your pay.
God's gift has nothing to do with the money that churches collect.

It's actually a throwback to Levitical regulations. Also, unlike the Government, the money they collect usually goes to missionaries and making the church more able to help the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Nor me. Too busy right now.
Yup.
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06218 seconds with 20 queries