Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Dear christians.
View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2011, 08:53 PM   #45
opie
www.krissplicing.com

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Glorifying God brings out the characteristics of God. We call them the fruits of the spirit. Love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control. These are characteristics of God. But These come out of a relationship with God, not a way to get to him.
I think I can sum up my entire stance by addressing the points above...

I do not need God to practice, enjoy, espouse any of the traits listed above. I do not believe it is because of or in spite of God I either would or would not exhibit any of the above traits. I attribute them to having a deep respect for others personal space, property and opinions.

Perhaps at times I, like most others, will deviate from one or more at any given time based on immediate environment, or sin if you wish to call it that. But I am free and able to make amends for my wrongdoing and move on. Much like a religious person would then pray when they have sinned, I would apologize and make my wrong as close to right as possible.

No need to reply... I'm just arguing to argue. I respect any sane persons decision to believe in what they believe and as long as they live their life with respect of others, I don't care what the basis of that respect is.
opie is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06415 seconds with 20 queries