View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2011, 01:26 PM   #1
85toy4runner

need advice with newly purchased small block

hoping for some advice... long story short, got a call from a buddy said he got a built 350 and equally built th350 trans from his grandpa for sale for $400... went and looked and sure as hell it was a fresh never fired small block chevy. looking a little close i noticed the cyl heads were aftermarket (and also new as the rest of the engine was as it turns out),upon getting it home and pulling the heads and running some numbers heres what i ended up with... 1511 casting 1971 400cid, fresh .030 bore (making it a 406cid) new forged flat tops, new bearings through out, new cam, heads are world sportsmans with 200cc runners and 54cc chambers, stainless valves, roller rockers, double row timing set, hv oil pump, stainless long tube headers ( i believe they are 2 inch primarys), and a fresh rebuilt th350 built to handle the engine.. now where i need some help is, im needing an intake and wondering what anyone thinks might work well with this engine. ive got my eye on a team g but i dont know if thats too much or?? i should also mention i will be using a 4 speed manual behind this... i was thinking also maybe a performer rpm but i dont think the ports will be large enough to match the heads... any knowledge as to if this is true or not would be really helpful.. also wondering what the compression might be with forged flat tops ( they have fairly deep valve reliefs) and the 54cc chambers.. also any advice on how i can id the cam and maybe what kinda roundabout horsepower numbers i can look forward to from this build.... any advice greatly appreciated, and sorry i dont know much more about this, he didnt have a clue what he had and for $400 i couldnt turn it down
85toy4runner is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04244 seconds with 11 queries