Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - I picked a up a clean used sled.
View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2011, 05:50 PM   #21
liv2mx
i like jungle gym's.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

flannery builds some good motors..i have had 2. this guy is trail riding and it is a xlt...not a xcr..or a rxl or a ultra.don't think he needs pipes to have fun on a 15 year old sled.

i am different then a lot of people.i ride a shit ton of miles,a bunch is alone.i dont do crap to my sleds but dial the chassie in,clutch it and ride. i spent thousands back in the day for a "faster" sled...waist of money. after spending a grand to go up north for the weekend sure dont want to be sitting at the motel because i smoked my sled..been there done that.even rebuilt one in the parking lot.watched my buddy blow his up twice in a week trip then buy one on the trail with his credit card..
is that extra 5 miles an hour really worth a few thousand bucks?

these days you will never have the fastest sled in the bar.there are a bunch of poor farmers and laid off construction workers that have spent way more then you to be "that guy" turbo's are the new cool, stock mufflers go right along with that.

the days of milling your head, bigger carb's ,loud pipes, and full leather gear are over.. in is breathable thin gear, stiff boots,mx helmets w goggles, fuel injection and turbos...done!
liv2mx is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07153 seconds with 20 queries