View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2011, 09:55 AM   #1
cerial

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default What bolts to bolt it together?

So I have a cast sm465 bell housing at the house now.

A rebuilt 465 transmission/dana18 transfer case(bolted together in one piece with the 4 sticks on the side) is currently in route and should arrive the 19th.

I have a 2 bolt 350 that should be delivered the 19th also.

I will be home the 23rd and would like to temporarily bolt these together (without the flywheel/clutch)to get a better idea the power-train size. It would just let me take measurements (instead of close guesses using internet measurements) so I can refine the buggy design (from December to August) out on the road.

I did not plan on getting the engine till next year. Just one of those deals that fell into my lap. This is the reason I did not plan on bolting this up. It would be great to mock this up before I go.

Now, after a little online searching I have found a few forums that say the sm465 to bell housing bolts are 1/2-13 NC bolts. Although I can't seem to find a depth. Or anything on the bell housing to transmission bolts.

I will take recommendations for the final assembly(studs and such). But for now, I just need the stock bolt sizes that will work as this is only the mock up stage.
cerial is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04134 seconds with 11 queries