Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 350/465 Dowel pin location.
View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2011, 09:32 AM   #7
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerial View Post
Yea, plan on using a pre 86 2 piece rear seal I will just replace the seal when I do the clutch. Going to use a high torque mini starter of some type to avoid any issues with the starter cone. If need be I can always grind/weld to the cast bell. I need to make a removable cover anyway to keep the mud out.

Will start looking for a 153 tooth flywheel stock motor that has been used with a 465 manual to avoid any issues.

To my knowledge there is no difference between the cast and the aluminum bell housing as far as dowel pins go. Good chance of me finding one with a aluminum bell. Then simply bolting the cast one/rebuilt trans/dana18 in place of the old drive train.

I just chose the cast one so I could have a inspection cover and weld to it for things like the starter or slave cylinder if need be. I may have a bit of trouble switching it over to the hydraulic clutch up front. But once I get it adjusted right, I am sure I will be glad I chose the cast one after the thing sits rocker deep in the mud over night.

Once again over thinking it I guess, thanks for the help.
I have a 94 TBI block - bolted right up to the bellhousing. One thing to keep in mind - a 153T FW will limit your maximum clutch size - if that is a concern for you. Running hydraulics shouldn't be a problem: 1960-62 chevy c-10s used hydraulic setups. You can also make your own, here's one "pulling" setup I have on my 66 c10 w/a T-5:

Page generated in 0.05926 seconds with 20 queries