Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Neither Skinny Nor Pretty -- DEAK Racing 4517 Ultra 4 Mod Class Rig
View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2011, 01:18 AM   #45
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Good night in the garage. JeepM715 and I started stripping parts of the Wag before sitting down for some dinner. We got most everything that we can off it for now. After dinner we wrapped up the Wag and parked her in the barn and then we got to work moving out the old frame and bringing in the engine and frame.

JeepM715 picked up the engine from a local yard. He had a line on this 6.0 LQ4 from a 2006 van, but we had been nervous that somehow it would disappear before we had a chance to pick it up. We had hoped to get the engine complete, but the MAF, power steering pump, alternator. and starter had been pulled off. It did come with the computer and full harness, so that should save us some time searching for that.

As we got the engine dropped in the frame AlumCJ rolled up. The three of us got the trans mated up to the engine with the t-case hanging off the back. Things went down hill after that as we dropped the tub on the frame, and then tried to figure out what exactly we will do with the rear end.

Here's a few pics of how we left it for the night.

And I have to say that bolt-on stuff rocks. I had picked up some Novak engine mounts and headers and we had the engine hanging within about 10 minutes.

Page generated in 0.05411 seconds with 20 queries