Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Intelligent Design thread.
View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2005, 02:33 PM   #68
84Scrambler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread
I don't believe that in this day and age of individualistic rights, and "me me me" that too many people are too worried about being labelled a non-believer, and/or castigated by society for it - or that the fear of same is the only thing keeping people as self classifying themselves as christains.
As a small business owner on the side, I can see many instances where conforming to the assumed "popular belief system" is essential to making a business successfull in many areas. A church is a very effective networking tool. But, in the same way, acknowledging publically that you are not a Christian can and does hit your reputation around a small town. People talk. For that reason, I think more people classify themselves as Christians because not doing so would reflect negatively on them based on the assumed accepted normal behavior in society. I wish this was something I could back with facts and figures. Unfortunately this is just my opinion. However, I have witnessed in a business situation on many occassions where believing in God has been brought up by one indivdual and suddenly everyone around them jumps on the bandwagon. I believe some do so out of fear of being labeled as a heathen. Sorry for getting off-topic here...
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.42125 seconds with 20 queries