Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Cain, "gay is a choice"
View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2011, 06:21 PM   #29
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by opie View Post
You're right, he didn't. But he opened the door and put the doubt in my mind.

I dont see any room in the Constitution for a marriage clause. Suggesting that only 1 man and 1 woman may marry starts to infringe on others right to pursue their happiness. Marriage itself is a religious ceremony between the 2 people getting married and their God. The only thing the Government needs to do is recognize the legal aspect of 2 people getting married.

I dont buy into the idea that Homosexuals getting married is a threat to the sanctity of traditional marriage. It in no way decreases the legitimacy of my marriage to my wife.
I kind of agree. Let's call it something other then marriage though. I'd be glad to be in a civil union with my wife in the Government's eyes and Married in God's. Marriage is a Sacred event in my faith and, IMO, is designed to be a man and women. The parallels used in the Bible to marriage and the church are pretty substantial. In the bibles definition and use of Marriage it doesn't work with Homosexual marriage. That's the issue that most Christians have. I don't see why they just can't call it something different.

If homosexuals really want to just be happy then they can get a Civil union like any other couple. If they want a marriage they'll have to work that work that out with a church.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05612 seconds with 20 queries