Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - People march on Wall Street-Media Blackout
View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2011, 08:54 AM   #140
kickstand
sHaMoNe!

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFS SUCKS View Post
love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Here's the other thing with the firewood analogy. Sure, I have extra firewood. But what if my kids need my firewood? Shouldn't I be able to give it to them first? Or maybe the single mom who works as a receptionist at my place of work? What if I realize that my next door neighbor is a lazy bum who won't get off his ass to cut firewood? In turn, the guy across the street works really hard at cutting firewood but has a crappy chainsaw that keeps breaking. Maybe I would choose to give him my extra firewood. Why should the government have the power to take my extra firewood and give it to someone who really doesn't deserve it? There seems to be this opinion that those with money (the rich) stuff it under their pillow and hoard it. Many of them are huge charity donors.

The issue is having the choice to spend/give your money where YOU choose, not where the government chooses.
great examples, I really like this.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06110 seconds with 20 queries