Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 9,9,9
Thread: 9,9,9
View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2011, 02:24 PM   #10
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @_'-' View Post
I did not say that. I said this type of plan could. Maybe not 9%, idk. Lets see if some figures can be put up on the amount of people and dollars they spend for cash workers and illegals. A flat tax rate on everything purchasable, across the board would be great. And what kind of black market will be created? the apple stand? the hair parlor? Lose the income tax, increase the sales tax and tax all goods and services.
Certainly produce stand and other businesses run out of shoe boxes. But also every owner run bar, restaurant, hardware store, gift shop, party store, computer store etc. will be tempted to do cash sales on the side not run though the register, especially for favorite customers and friends. I'm not saying all business owners will, but some certainly will, and it will be far easier to do and be more difficult to catch than having cash or illegal worker.
It would also be a disincentive for someone running a fledgling business out of their garage from going legit.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05963 seconds with 20 queries