Thread: 1982 cj7
View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #70
Renegade II
Coil springs are for pens

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wramblerguy View Post
ok apparently im an idiot for stating facts but w/e i dont really care what these over builders say
acording to them anything that doesnt have a d44 or better is junk
i like to have fun wheeling without spending too much money

here is a write up to help you make a more educated decision on your rear done by four wheeler magazine its not anything i said its found on the internet
http://www.fourwheeler.com/techartic...als/index.html

and i still say go with the d30 front, almost every jeep that i wheel with is running either the cj or wrangler 30 front and i know of at least 5 with v8s and no they dont break them every time they go out, they dont break so that is all i have to say about that
this is the money wise opinion ya sure you could go to tons but i dont see any need to especially since your axles already have lockers in them anyway
Over builders? For the terrain & trails my friends & I (and many of the people here) run, 20's & 30's don't last. In another thread aren't you and your buddy trying to sell reptile stuff off of blown up AMC 20 & Dana 30 axles??? If they are so great why did they blow up? Why are there tons of parts all over from blown up 20 & 30 axles? I know why, because AMC 20's & Dana 30's are junk. More so when you get into the 35" and up tire range. Weld the tube to the center of a 20 and you just end up with a bent tube welded to a paper weight. Add the cost of a truss & labor and you will have more into 20 than a 44. In one of my Jeeps I only have $1400 into two narrowed Dana 44's, Moser alloys all around, 4w disc, Detroit lockers & 4:88's. The shafts were the only new parts.

And as for Four Wheeler's article Go cheap ($) and hope it's as strong is a build approach I'll pass on. As an aside, I see from the article that I have 15 years more experience than Tri County Gear at setting up and narrowing Jeep axles
Renegade II is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05521 seconds with 11 queries