View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2011, 07:36 AM   #18
kickstand
sHaMoNe!

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry1me View Post
Really? Im not into biking so I dont know the cost in them....but I do sled, and there is a lot of money spent in the sled season for tourism/gear/sleds/restaurants each year for snowmobiling.
I am an extreme example of someone who travels to ride his bike in comparison to the average summertime tourist who takes their bike with them.

I would not complain about those grooves in the pavement, but I ride mountain bikes, and I typically travel to specific mountain bike trails. However, if I was a road cyclist I would probably complain, road cycling is dangerous and there are not a lot of paved paths that are long enough to get a good road ride in, so if the few places they have are trashed, it's probably frustrating.

An entry level road bike can cost easily $1500-2500, a nice one is $5000. We still buy dinner, hotels, gas for our cars/trucks/rv's, and visit the local bar like a snowmobiler would.

In the last year I have visited hotels and bars in Petoskey, Copper Harbor, Marquette, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Traverse City, Acadia, Manistee, Mackinaw, etc. as a result of traveling to ride specific trails. The only expense I did not have that a snowmobiler would have was gas for my mountain bike.

But just like you I supported the local bars and restaurants, hotels, and I even purchased bike parts along the way.

Pretty equal in comparison.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04192 seconds with 11 queries