Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - First time Loading up
View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2006, 02:52 PM   #28
comanche38

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I brought this issue up a long time ago on here and it went back and forth with the different methods and the way that each person does it. I decided that I would try to strap, not chain, to the axles with the same straps that you have. I do not even cross them up on the trailer, but I do on the truck, due to amount of room on the deck. I chose this method because it was what most people were using and it is what all of the tow truck guys use. I have never had a problem nor has it moved or loosened a strap. I do think that it depends on the type of vehicle and trailer you have. I personally would not want to ratchet my suspension down to the point that it would not un-load a strap. Not only would it overload the jeep suspension but I think it also would jar the trailer suspension too much. It would hit harder because the suspension on the jeep would not be able to take some of the load. I guess just try what you think would work the best for you.
comanche38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05991 seconds with 20 queries