Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Never Enough.....SAS blaZeR2
View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2011, 12:31 AM   #63
wadey
┌∩┐(_)┌∩┐

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default NP 233/231 help

Ok I broke a front axle shaft at R&V the other weekend and just ratchet strapped the shaft in order to keep fluid in the diff. No big deal except the front shaft spun enough to break the ratchet strap. I first thought this was due to a bad lock out on the other side, but I pulled the lock out and I am still breaking ratchet straps. Then I remembered that the shafts rotates slightly as you turn so I used a bungee, to allow for stretch when the axle rotates. This also didn’t work, so I pulled the front drive shaft and everything has been fine since.

So what did I do to my transfer case to cause it to not disengage all the time? I can spin it by hand when I’m parked leading me to think that it is in 2hi. But this obviously this isn’t the case, as there is enough force to break the straps/ bungees.

The 233 is very similar to the 231 except it is electronically shifted. So much so that I used a 231 front output, yoke, and seal on my case. So hopefully you jeep guys can help me out.

Any Ideas?
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04656 seconds with 20 queries