Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - People march on Wall Street-Media Blackout
View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #52
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by opie View Post
It is a different time now than it was when we were kids. The levels of dependents on the Government dime 20 years ago wasnt anywhere near what it is today. Its not that I want to door slammed on anyone, its that the current model is unsustainable. We still have the same percentage of folks living in the US at the poverty level than when the war on poverty started. We have created a standard of living provided by the US Government via the taxpayers and now have generations of the same family being born and dying while living on Government assistance. I see jobs open all over Lansing but the line at the unemployment office strings out the door. The days of your Father are over because the Government has shown that folks can obtain a better standard of living on assistance with no accountability. We cant even drug test recipients because its "humiliating." We cant ask that woman on WIC or welfare keep their legs closed because they have a right to continue to have children even while on the public dime, by as many fathers as they see fit.

Its unsustainable, its socially disgusting and it will drag us down as a country if it continues. We have kids being born into Government assistance that will see that as an acceptable way of life and never get motivated to be productive members of society. Heck, we have generations of this now....

Something has to give. We either set the sheer pin ourselves or the entire engine is going to blow up.

I started working at 13 washing dishes 8 hours a night after school. I took over for my brother who did it for a couple years and wanted to move onto something else. We grew up with my mom without a father ever being in the picture. My mom had it tough with no college. No money for family vacations, no money for college.

We never once received state or federal aid.

YOU'RE welcome.

Class warfare... You dont even know you are doing it but want to point out that everyone else is.
Maybe your Mom should have kept her legs closed and things wouldn't have been so tough for her. My parents waited until my Dad was done with college before having kids. I guarantee that my Dad was paying more in taxes than you Mom was.
Thanks for nothing.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05566 seconds with 20 queries