Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - People march on Wall Street-Media Blackout
View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2011, 03:01 PM   #41
kickstand
sHaMoNe!

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I know exactly what she makes, where she lives, how many kids she has, what she pays for her lease, and other various facts.
I also know that she was crying because she can't afford to make ends meet but doesnt understand how she can save any money when the items I listed are examples of "wants" and not "needs". When I start crying about how I can't put $500 bucks a month into savings (as recommended in our class) and have to put a percentage of my monthly costs on credit, then I would sell my F250 and drive a POS XJ like I did for the last four years.
I am a dink now but how many years did I live on one income? I bought my home on two incomes, dropped to only one income and still managed to squirrel money into savings monthly because I stopped leasing a new truck, stopped eating out, cut my landscaping service, cut my spending on clothes and services, and I tried to find areas where we could cut costs that were wants instead of needs.
I have put saving and cutting my spending into practice and guess what.. it works.
I'm not saying it doesn't work, but from what you posted the whole story couldn't be told.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05296 seconds with 20 queries