Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - large (7-8 feet) document hanging solution needed
View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2011, 07:48 AM   #9
DUNE JUMP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunt View Post
a cheap version of that clamp would be to take a piece of 1" (or any size ) PVC pipe, slice it down one side with a table saw, run bolts perpendicular thru pipe with wing nuts. hang from ceiling with rope. Thats all I got off the top of my head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
I would build on bhunts idea by using 2 pieces of wood with bolts and wing nuts instead.

With the small sharp edge of the pvc I'd be worried that you would put too much stress in a small area and it would tear.

Spread the load out over a greater area.

Google quilt hangers...same kinda thing.

I like these ideas... problem for me with the table saw and PVC is I don't have a table saw and I'm not that steady with a circular saw... might lose a toe or two. If I get some 1x2 or 1x3's and some rubber furniture feet I bet I could get enough clamp load to hold paper, viny, and fabric without it tearing out, and all I'll have to do it drill and bolt the two halves together.

Thanks guys, I'll get some materials and post some completed pics once I get these things up and off the floor. Funny thing is, why am I the one concerned about these things when the wife is the one who needs them to be flat and wrinkle free? Oh yeah, because it's easier for her to just buy new ones... I'm just not wired that way.
DUNE JUMP is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07079 seconds with 20 queries