Thread: Fanuc Robots
View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2011, 06:53 PM   #19
Disturban

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfreer View Post
Sounds like your light curtain isn't interlocked correctly, should be tied into your master on circuit, which will dump main power immediately, not just fault circuit. Certainly if you have workers anywhere near that light curtain its not controlled safe enough.

Fanuc are not bad robots, we use quite a few of them, probably most of our maintenace crews favorite out of Nachi/Denso.
I agree that is how it should be interlocked, however powers higher than me decided to interlock it with the fault circuit because otherwise after tripping the curtain the operators would start it back up and home the robot and depending where it was at when it was tripped it could and has crashed into the tool, so they wanted it to fault out so maintenance has to come out and manually move the bot away from the tool before clearing the fault and homing it.

Not my idea and I have also mentioned it as being a safety hazard but my advice is falling on deaf ears, the bean counters want to protect the tool more than skulls...lol
Disturban is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04308 seconds with 11 queries