Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Mira's Jeep Cherokee Sport
View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2011, 05:53 AM   #165
1x1_Speed_Craig
Simplify...

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasbulliwagen View Post
Somebody linked your thread to a different forum and it caught my attention. I think it might have been naxja. I love what you guys are doing, and I dream to do the same thing with my daughter Ghia. I have a 1986 Jeep Comanche, and an 86 Jeep XJ Wagoneer just sitting around waiting to be worked on. Hopefully Ill still have them by the time Ghia gets old enough. She'll turn 3 next month. I know I have a ways to go, and a lot can happen before then, but at this moment that is the plan. I may be in North Carolina now, but I grew up in Battle Creek, MI. I get up there a couple times a year to visit family still. I feel your pain working with the rust. But I do have to say I dont miss it. My 87 Comanche has 350,000 miles on it and NO rust. It has been a joy to work on concernong that. Keep up the great work, and thanks for being the inspiration to join this group just so I could subscribe to your thread.
Great to e-meet you, dasbulliwagen. I'm glad the build caught your attention. It's slow-going, but we have plenty of time. Fortunately, the rust on the shackle bolts is probably the worst on the entire Jeep. I originally came from Maryland . I got it from our friend Don in Kentucky. Aside from needing some floor pan work due to rust-through from the inside (windows were broken out for 4-5 years), it's relatively rust-free.

I hope it'll be something she always remembers.

BTW, my old college roommate (circa '89-94) was from Battle Creek. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I'm wondering if you may know him.

Craig
1x1_Speed_Craig is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06062 seconds with 20 queries