Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Best way to build centered housing axle.
View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2011, 01:46 PM   #7
Haggar
Covered in mud...

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOGDOG View Post
Brakes: Nice way is up front, use 88+ 'V6' calipers (have fins on them), and ~1980-ish FJ40 (vented rotors). With 15" rims, you usually have to grind, they should clear 16" rims fine. Now take your front rotors and old calipers and put them on the rear, using some bolt-on brackets. This, with a dual diaphram booster and 1" master easily could lock my 38.5s, and they are all factory parts available at the store.

Haggar what do you have to grind to clear 15" rims? The calipers? Who sells the brackets for the rear disc? What did the booster & master cyl come from? I am thinking about pulling the 35's off my Bronco and putting them on my 85 4Runner and need to redo the brakes anyway.
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Rear disc breaks on the Cheap

Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board - View Single Post - disc brake conversion detailed writeup

I had to grind the fins a little bit on the calipers. There are other applications for the master and booster. The toy stuff was all bolt in. There are tundra applications as well.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07219 seconds with 21 queries