Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Trailer advise needed
View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2011, 09:40 PM   #13
akozman
Chrome Trucker Chicks Rul

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

something people haven't mentioned is get your Jeep weighed before you buy something, think about what you're going to do to your Jeep while you own it. If you currently have D30/35 w/35's and plan to goto D60's and 40's it's gonna add a lot of weight. Most typicall car haulers have 3500lb axles, so 7000 lb max weight including the trailer weight which is normally 2000 lbs +, so that trailer can only handle a 5000 lb rig. For that reason the last trailer I bought I got a 10k rated trailer, it's heavy empty, but when I throw my 5200lb jeep on, couple hundred pounds of spare parts, kids toys, 1/2cord of firewood, etc I know I'm still under the weight rating.

check out BNM Trailers in Elsie, MI. They make the trailers themselves, ie Made in MICHIGAN! Super great people to work with, their standard 10k trailer was 82" inside of wheel wells, but my Jeep is 83", they ordered axles and fenders to give me 84" no extra cost, about 5 weeks later I had the perfect trailer for me.
akozman is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05802 seconds with 20 queries