Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 1989 xj 10in lift locked front rear long arms GONE!
View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2011, 12:13 PM   #1
CatRover

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 1989 xj 10in lift locked front rear long arms GONE!

BE SURE TO READ POSTS 7-9.

List of mods previous owner gave me. Has not changed much since.

89 xj with 97 ho 4.0l
Auto trans
231 tcase
D30 front axle, aussie locker, cv shafts w/ reinforced boots 3.55 gears
8.25 rear alloy shafts, r&p carrier, aussie locker, 3.55 gears
Jcr 1ton steering
Jcr drop pitman arm
Bds steering stabilizer
ballistic fab. Ball joints
8.5 rustys coils + 2" spacer
8.5 bds rear leafs + 2" block
Rustys shackels 8' shim
t&t long arms w/ ballistic fab ball joints
flowmaster exhast
New driveshafts
New steering box
Corbeau seats
zone shocks with pin elim.
Riddled diff. Covers

Has been on the forum here a few times. Most recent thread I can find of it. This was not the person I got it from.
**FEELER** 89 Cherokee Lifted and Locked and Extras **FEELER** - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Runs good, stops good, shifts fine. Virtually no rust, few small spots of surface on the bottom edges of the doors. One spot on the floor.

The bad -

-I busted the passenger side cv, replaced it with a stock ujoint shaft I had around. At the same time, I broke the drag link. Welded the shit out of it, works fine but obviously should be replaced. The other tie rod ends should be replaced as well.
-Does not have a SYE and could really use one. Has driveline vibs. I'll be selling the jeep with another 231 tcase with an SYE installed on it and an xj front drive shaft for the rear.
-Radio isn't the best.
-Tires have some chunks missing, all hold air just fine. 35x12.50x15 procomp xterrains on bart wheels. Full size matching spare. Still pretty meaty.
-Front bumper needs paint. I got it with no bumpers, had one laying around I put on it last minute before the trip to R&V with four bolts. No rear bumper.
-Brake lines need to be lengthened.
-Passenger side seat adjustments are weird.
-Speedo does not work.
-Passenger side window does not go all the way down.
-Back seats have some stains.

This is an offroad jeep, would not recommend using it as a daily driver. The previous owner drove it from ann arbor to lansing where I met him, then continued driving it home to muskegon. Body is in pretty good shape for an offroad jeep.

I'm sure I missed a few things to mention about it. If you're interested in checking it out, give me a call at (231)750-0571

Looking for $3,000. Only selling because I bought a different one.

I have no need for three jeeps. And yeah, major poser shot.

Last edited by CatRover; September 18th, 2011 at 11:35 PM.
CatRover is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.10743 seconds with 21 queries