Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Black Sunshine *It's Alive- Again!
View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2011, 08:34 AM   #27
SANDVIPR
Yeeeee Haaaaw!

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

OK- it was a rather busy weekend dropping the gas tank, cleaning it out, running new rubber lines and cleaning out the stainless ones. The tank has been re-undercoated and the skid plate repainted and undercoated. I didn't bother with pics of any of that because it's just boring.

Now for the visable stuff.
I got the lights mounted on the front end:

Modified the stock rear bumper mounts and got the matching rear bumper installed last night:

I don't think that I'm going to use this filler plate- at least until I pull everything apart this winter for a little bodywork and some fresh paint:

and the carb has been gone through and all the setiment cleaned out of everything. Hopefully we get it fired up tonight after bolting it back on and getting the new fuel pick-up /sending unit installed.

After we get it fired up tonight, we'll warm it up good, take her out for a little spin down the country roads and drop the oil, tranny fluid, and gear lube out of it.

That will just leave Wed and Thursday nights to give it a bath,, put some quieter mufflers on it, get some type of handle on the inside of the door to help me get in it, and load it up for the dunes for the weekend.

There will be more updates as we add a cage, take care of the bodywork and paint, and a few suspention upgrades which I'll update throughout the winter.
SANDVIPR is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06213 seconds with 20 queries