Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - My New 91 EX500
Thread: My New 91 EX500
View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2011, 07:52 PM   #15
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
pics?
I don't have any of the primed up bike But......

Update August 21st, 2011

I don't know if it's Ingenuity of Ghetto Fab. But I had alittle fun today working on my bike.

First off, I made a 12V - USB plug for my GPS. Bought this Cigarette lighter/usb adapter on Amazon for $.01. I bought 3 and didn't break 10 dollars. Plus S&H.

Did some Modification and turned it into this

Then I found a nice place to put it on my bike. I hooked it up to what I assume to be the running light circuit (Blue wire on the front harness) for the front Turn signals. Ran the Ground right to the Battery.

While having the Front Cowl off I decided to try and figure out a better way to attach my GPS (AKA, my functioning Speedo). I came up with this. It's a peice of metal left over from the Tail Rack of my Trek. I used the screw that holds the Ignition cables. I then went to town on the Piece of metal to bend it all around. I then used the universal attachment devices (zip ties) to attach the GPS to it. I think it turned out great.

I did cut the left over plastic from that Zip tie. I didn't notice it intill after I took the picture. Also, I didn't plan on having the cable run through that little channel. It just worked out. Much like this whole 'mount'

There you go. Tested it out this evening and the USB charger works smashingly. It was for the GPS and it actually keeps the back light on the whole time. Which is nice because, as I stated, it's my functioning speedo. The new mount keeps it steady, it also gives me great access to it with my left hand. Not that I would ever do that while riding. 8) fun fun fun
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06042 seconds with 20 queries