Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Black Sunshine *It's Alive- Again!
View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2011, 09:35 AM   #20
Yeeeee Haaaaw!
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Originally Posted by don4life View Post
very cool let me know if you ever want a hand or just someone to turn a wrench :)
I might take you up on that! I'm going to need a hand with a couple of things on the top of the motor that I can't quite reach- just some easy stuf...

Originally Posted by ATOMIC_BADBOY View Post
The cajun night show truck was it a white mid 80's f250? Only reason I ask is my buddys wife has a show truck named cajun night.
Yes- that's the one. The next owner painted it black and sold this motor to Todd so he could stick some really radical custom block in it for mud racing..

Originally Posted by jaysusr View Post
Why did someone paint aluminum heads and intake?
Sorry- I was building a lot of motors back then. Memory has gotten a little foggy. I looked at the motor a little closer last night and noticed they were not what I remembered. They are the cast DUV heads and a Ford Motorsports performance intake. I'll update the above info.

As for this "build" on this, there won't be that many visual changes that happen to this thing. Just a lot of replacements of worn out pieces- like shocks, maybe some softer riding coils for the front, and a bunch of bodywork over the winter to bring it back to it's former glory.

Note: There may be another 460 in the works for this one as well- big HP motor for the dragway.....
SANDVIPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.09332 seconds with 21 queries