Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Black Sunshine *It's Alive- Again!
View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2011, 09:35 AM   #20
SANDVIPR
Yeeeee Haaaaw!

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by don4life View Post
very cool let me know if you ever want a hand or just someone to turn a wrench :)
I might take you up on that! I'm going to need a hand with a couple of things on the top of the motor that I can't quite reach- just some easy stuf...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOMIC_BADBOY View Post
The cajun night show truck was it a white mid 80's f250? Only reason I ask is my buddys wife has a show truck named cajun night.
Yes- that's the one. The next owner painted it black and sold this motor to Todd so he could stick some really radical custom block in it for mud racing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysusr View Post
Why did someone paint aluminum heads and intake?
Sorry- I was building a lot of motors back then. Memory has gotten a little foggy. I looked at the motor a little closer last night and noticed they were not what I remembered. They are the cast DUV heads and a Ford Motorsports performance intake. I'll update the above info.

As for this "build" on this, there won't be that many visual changes that happen to this thing. Just a lot of replacements of worn out pieces- like shocks, maybe some softer riding coils for the front, and a bunch of bodywork over the winter to bring it back to it's former glory.

Note: There may be another 460 in the works for this one as well- big HP motor for the dragway.....
SANDVIPR is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06929 seconds with 20 queries