Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - My New 91 EX500
Thread: My New 91 EX500
View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:13 PM   #13
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Update 8-16-2011

I've been riding it for about a month and a half now.

Found out the Speedo does not work. Fortunately it was because I had my GPS mounted (zip tied) to the handle bars and not because I got pulled over. Although, I did get the speedo up to 45 which is equivalent to about 70. On Mt. Hope on MSU's campus. I'm surprised I didn't get pulled over.

I primed all the plastics and decided to leave them primed for now. Probably do paint this winter when it's in storage. I'll have access to a complete paint booth/Fab shop at my new job, so that will make it easier. That and oodles of knowledge from the old guys I'll be working with.

Still does not have a windshield though. I'm goign to try and make my own out of some plastic. If I have to, I'll try and find one on Ebay for cheap.

I'm looking to get a cheap 12V to USB adapter so I can plug in my GPS and not go through batteries. I also need to get an actual mount for it. It's an older handheld one. Should be easy to find. Anybody know of a cheap 12V to USB plug online? I'm thinking sub 5 bucks. I can get one at Meijers for 7 bucks. After I get one it will just be a matter of cutting things up and Soldering up the connections.

Found one Easy find I ordered 3. You can't beat $.01 a piece. I didn't even pay 10 dollars with S&H.

Loving the fact that I can ride it though!

Last edited by L4CX; August 16th, 2011 at 09:22 PM.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05584 seconds with 20 queries