Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Grayling oct 13(night), 14 &15
View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2006, 02:04 PM   #37
One Arm Steve
I was born in the desert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dngrous_Jeep
I feel obligated to say that that's a VERY bad place to be. If any of you find yourself in the middle of an open field, that's also a very bad place to be. (firing range)

I used to work in Range Control at Camp Grayling, now I'm working in headquarters, operating the main switchboard.

Needless to say, I don't want to have to coordinate a med-evac with Range Control and Mercy Hospital, mmkay? Everything we do on post at the ranges is with live rounds, and I guaranflippingtee we've got more firepower than you.

/end PSA

Oh, and people out on the ranges makes for a miserable weekend for those that work in Range Control, because somebody has to go out and post guard on certain roads. I had to do that a couple years ago when snowmobilers didn't believe us when we said we were firing live cannon rounds on Range 12.

I was outside of the fence line (totally legal) when I shot this video. This year they have fenced off the area so it is no longer legal to be in that spot. But there are plenty of places in the area of the north range to view the artillery show. You don't need to be worried about me you should be more concerned with yourself. Thank you for your concern.

Last edited by One Arm Steve; October 8th, 2006 at 08:16 PM.
One Arm Steve is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06066 seconds with 20 queries