Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Grayling oct 13(night), 14 &15
View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2006, 01:49 PM   #36
dngrous_Jeep
National Guard guy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Arm Steve
I know some cool spots to camp where The National Guard will wake you at 10:30am with shots from a A-10 (see video). http://www.mediamax.com/charliemanson/Hosted/MPEG0021.ASF
I feel obligated to say that that's a VERY bad place to be. If any of you find yourself in the middle of an open field, that's also a very bad place to be. (firing range)

I used to work in Range Control at Camp Grayling, now I'm working in headquarters, operating the main switchboard.

Needless to say, I don't want to have to coordinate a med-evac with Range Control and Mercy Hospital, mmkay? Everything we do on post at the ranges is with live rounds, and I guaranflippingtee we've got more firepower than you.

/end PSA

Oh, and people out on the ranges makes for a miserable weekend for those that work in Range Control, because somebody has to go out and post guard on certain roads. I had to do that a couple years ago when snowmobilers didn't believe us when we said we were firing live cannon rounds on Range 12.
dngrous_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06200 seconds with 20 queries