Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Interesting Crash test video..
View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2011, 07:34 AM   #10
kickstand
sHaMoNe!

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosseyed cat View Post
was expecting the opp until i watched the vid
It is exactly as I expected it to be. Having been in a head on collision with a newer car (2005 Grand Prix vs 2008 mercury milan, both cars sustained fairly equal damage) I can say that I walked away from that accident with zero injury because of the hard work that todays engineering teams have put into place to make todays cars safer.

I work very closely with the body in white/structures group of a major automotive manufacturer, and I can tell you that the work they are doing, the simulation they are doing and the engineering that is going into their designs for our safety is incredible.

I feel pretty safe driving around in my superduty, but the truth is the smaller cars on the road today are damn safe as well.

very similar accident to the one in the video, the milan looked about the same as my car, both of us walked away. I had zero injury, the other driver had a cracked rib from the seatbelt (she was also a 50+ year old out of shape fat blob.)
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07740 seconds with 20 queries