Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - No thanks to our dear leader.
View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2011, 12:43 PM   #1
stinkpickle
bitter clinger

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default No thanks to our dear leader.

Not a brag thread. Gotta post this for the un-willfully unemployed. Im one of the thousands that took a buy-out from one of the big three in 2006. I took it because I was facing lay-offs any way, I could go back to school, I figured I could just get another job. Currently Im in school but could not keep a job for over 3 months. Lay offs, rejection and broken promises of employment have left me broke and working dead-end, low paying jobs for the last 5 years.

Last January I landed a good paying job with benefits and business is good. Today my wife was offered a decent job from another company but passed on it in favor of a huge job promotion and raise from her current employer.

I reserve no credit for Obama or any other politician out there for our success. I credit hard work, divine providence and tenacity for our gain in this recession. Despite the efforts of our dear leader to turn this nation into a business oppressing, big government scene out of George Orwells 1984, we are a capitalist nation that is still, amazingly enough, seeing businesses grow. To the un-willfully unemployed... keep looking, don't be afraid to take that low paying job for now. Things will get better.

Last edited by stinkpickle; July 26th, 2011 at 01:07 PM.
stinkpickle is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05556 seconds with 20 queries