Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 500-550 hp small block. Old school SBC vs LS?
View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2011, 11:21 AM   #25
AFRd_CJ5

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by feva4u View Post
If you're going through all that effort to put a carb on something that comes will all the electronics to begin with, just put a big block in and make up for the weight difference in HP

Edit: Besides, you've already done it once, the 2nd time would be the easy part. Buy HP tuners, follow thier guide, tune both your toys. It's a NA engine..........cake walk, especially for an EE.
Putting a BB in and trying to make up the HP for the weight difference isn't the full story either. Just because you add 400lbs of weight and you add the extra HP to make up for that weight, doesn't mean it would even out with a SBC up front. It's not just a weight/HP issue.
While I think the LS motors can make some serious HP, it's no different than anything else. Unless it's the right combo, it won't matter. I've seen some 6.0 Jeeps get their ass handed to them by very mild 406 Gen I SBC's.
AFRd_CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06824 seconds with 20 queries