Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - XJ Rocker panel decision...
View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2011, 03:31 AM   #9
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Paintballpsyco236 Send a message via MSN to Paintballpsyco236 Send a message via Yahoo to Paintballpsyco236

Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
2" x 6" x 3/16" wall weighs 9.42 lb/ft
2" x 6" x 1/8" wall weighs 6.46 lb/ft

I don't think a difference of 18 lbs per slider is worth the effort of selling what you have and buying 1/8" wall. If you didn't already have material it might be a different story.
It definitely isn't worth changing materials lol. At least not at this point. I for some reason thought they were a lot heavier when I first got them. Not sure why I thought that either lol. I think someone posted either that same thing or something similar on NAXJA. AS of now I am going to use the tubes I have. Now I just need to get a welder so I can do that, put the rest of my floor in and then put my bumpers together lol.

Originally Posted by 89xjr View Post
my first set of sliders were .120 wall, after a few seasons they were in rough shape. When i did my overhaul I went to 1/4" wall 2x4 tubing, i use the crap out of them and they take all of it!
I thought about it and while .120 wall might be better right now for my purpose, I already have the 3-16 wall, and this way I don't have to do anything down the road. I will and probably should beef up the front axle mounting locations, maybe Ballistic Fab axle brackets and plate the body mounts, or go longarm or something, but I will deal with those issue when i got there...

Thanks again for all the help and info,

Paintballpsyco236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.09662 seconds with 21 queries