Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - XJ Rocker panel decision...
View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2011, 02:31 AM   #9
Paintballpsyco236

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Paintballpsyco236 Send a message via MSN to Paintballpsyco236 Send a message via Yahoo to Paintballpsyco236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
2" x 6" x 3/16" wall weighs 9.42 lb/ft
2" x 6" x 1/8" wall weighs 6.46 lb/ft

I don't think a difference of 18 lbs per slider is worth the effort of selling what you have and buying 1/8" wall. If you didn't already have material it might be a different story.
It definitely isn't worth changing materials lol. At least not at this point. I for some reason thought they were a lot heavier when I first got them. Not sure why I thought that either lol. I think someone posted either that same thing or something similar on NAXJA. AS of now I am going to use the tubes I have. Now I just need to get a welder so I can do that, put the rest of my floor in and then put my bumpers together lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89xjr View Post
my first set of sliders were .120 wall, after a few seasons they were in rough shape. When i did my overhaul I went to 1/4" wall 2x4 tubing, i use the crap out of them and they take all of it!
I thought about it and while .120 wall might be better right now for my purpose, I already have the 3-16 wall, and this way I don't have to do anything down the road. I will and probably should beef up the front axle mounting locations, maybe Ballistic Fab axle brackets and plate the body mounts, or go longarm or something, but I will deal with those issue when i got there...

Thanks again for all the help and info,

Paint
Paintballpsyco236 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05692 seconds with 20 queries