Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - TJ: I injector swap for a 2.5 TJ?
View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2011, 10:12 PM   #17
quicksand

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have a 97 2.5L, and I am pretty happy with it now. Not when I first got it years ago. I would have to lean foward on the Highway with a headwind. I only have 31s with a 2in BB. Under hood mods include, Homemade cold/ram air intake, K&N filter in custom factory box. Larger air tube wrapped with insulation, 4.0L TB, Custom TBS, Bored intake manifold, accel coil and 8mm wires, NGKs gapped at .039, and magnaflow catback. I am a DD, and like to do lite duty offroad. I keep my Little monster lite weight. But I tell you what the power to weight ratio is great. Fast take off, smooth instant throttle response, top speed 80MPH, holds 65 to 70 mph against head wind and has great passing power. If I was to but larger tires right now I would probably lose all my torque and power. Atleast not until I can afford bigger lift and gears. My next mod I am considering is a electric fan. Still looking at pros and cons. But for now happy with my rig.
quicksand is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05774 seconds with 20 queries