Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 91 k1500 suspension issues. need advice
View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2011, 10:45 AM   #2
littletrucker
I'd hit that

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I assume you are only talking about the rear suspension...

Why would you think that if you broke the shocks/shock mounts that your axle is gonna fall out? If you broke them on the trail just pull the shocks, continue driving as normal. The leafs are gonna hold the axle in place, shocks are only for ride control and damping..

You'd probably be very likely to find a 90's k1500 in the a junkyard, go cut the upper shock mounts off for your truck, or fabricate a set of heavy duty ones yourself(I cant think of what style upper shock mounting those trucks have)

As far as for the air bag spring helpers, they work good when used as designed.. Which would be to help your truck carry a greater load with less squat, we installed an aftermarket pair where I work, easy installation.. Basically bolt on, did have it come back as the lower mount had rubbed thru the bag, but the Summit racing replaced it at no charge. Not sure why the bag did that

Last edited by littletrucker; July 12th, 2011 at 10:38 PM.
littletrucker is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05818 seconds with 20 queries