Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 6.0 Ford Powerstroke Help
View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2011, 10:00 AM   #28
SHARPMACHINE
F-U-CANCER!!!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullsize4life View Post
trade for a cummins?
I tried to talk him into a cummins when he bought it, he just hates dodge trucks. Pretty sure his next truck will be a d-max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toivo View Post
Not to be a dick, but this is a common problem. People buy vehicles they don't understand, and throw parts at them in a futile effort to fix it. When said parts don't fix it, owner gets pissed and says product is shitty. I'm guilty of it as well.

Moral of story... if you want it fixed right, once, hire someone to do it, or really, really, really do your homework and take all measures necessary to find and solve problem. Sounds like your buddy wants the easy way out of a complex (or not) problem, and thinks opening the wallet will fix it, and it's not working.

Have your buddy listen to the guys here that know what they're talking about, read up on it, or pay someone else to fix it.

Other than that I have no pertinent help for 6.0l diesels. No attack meant on you or buddy, just realize that throwing parts at a diesel will rarely fix it.
He went the wrong way the first time he worked on it. Since then he has studied each step, it just has not worked the way most people have thought it would.

He also took it to a pretty well known guy who used to do all of the diesel work at the Whitehall ford dealership (now works at ford in GR). That guy could not figure it out either.

Lastly, he bought this new. Ford was not very helpful in taking care of him either. I realize 6.0s are cool when they work right, but I still think it is crazzy that so many were made knowing the problems they had/have. My 15+ year old dodge has always ran/drove when needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVYRTFT View Post
Advanced Diesel Systems. Montague, MI 49437.
No thanks. They are fairly smart guys, but know it to well.

Thanks for your time guys.

RIP FULLSIZE4LIFE
SHARPMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08344 seconds with 20 queries