Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - GL4x4 Motorcycle Club
View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2011, 10:24 PM   #470
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadooxpguy View Post
I took the class this summer also.

I was lucky and I was able to ride a Yamaha TW200 dual sport. It was surprisingly fun for such a weird little bike. Super easy to ride slow in the box, and rode great everywhere else in the parking lot too. It was so fun to ride that I did not want to stop, and now I am actually looking for one of those to ride if I can afford it.

Oh, and 0 points on my test. I had never rode a motorcycle as of Saturday morning, and aced the test by Sunday afternoon. Now I really have to buy a bike to practice/get better and have some fun too.
At LCC? Those Yamaha's did look weird but I think they would have been fun to ride. I'm not the best when it comes to coordination so that's why I didn't do to well on the quick brake. It was fun though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
They just have a good combination of being able to reach highway speed and netting good fuel mileage. I don't really care about going really fast, so I suppose the 250s do it for me. Although, I will probably end up going a little bigger and getting a BMW F650GS sometime down the road, when I can spend a little more money. It would be nice to have something that would be better for touring.
The 500 does pretty good on gas but (So I've heard), judging by this weekend, 250 isn't that bad. I really like the BMW, I want one. But.....We're having a baby in a month so I probably won't be able to get one for at least 18 years.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06612 seconds with 20 queries