Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Jesus Camp...
Thread: Jesus Camp...
View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2006, 07:43 PM   #120
Roadhouse
DrivewayJeeper

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler
I take religion seriously. I take it seriously when religious views interfere with my ability and right to live my life. For example. My favorite anti-religious rant. It is bullshit that I can't walk into Meijer or any other store that sells alcohol and buy a 12-pack of Killians at 10am on a Sunday morning so I can go home and watch football, work in the yard, or whatever I want. But no. The religious people don't want to see people with alcohol during "church time" so they pushed the lawmakers to restrict the sale of alcohol on Sundays. When I worked a rotating 12 hour shift, Sunday was just another work day of the week to me. When I got off shift at 7am, I should have had the right to go buy a beer if I wanted, just like the other 6 days of the week. I understand having the overnight restrictions for the most part for public safety, but at 10am Sunday morning it's a different story. Your right to worship should not interfere in my right to live my life without interference from your religious beliefs.
Interesting that bothers you.....I'm a Christian and a Drunk, doesn't bother me I can't buy beer at 10am Sunday morning. :tonka:
Roadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05901 seconds with 20 queries