Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Jesus Camp...
Thread: Jesus Camp...
View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2006, 11:42 AM   #102
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNBrew
Really, I'm not bitter. I have a brother who has been "born again". I very much respect his choice. It's simply not for me. I have a different personanlity than him. He was always looking for something more out of life. I am happy with what I have.

On the other hand, I have a "born again" coworker. The asshole swears and womanizes more than any "sinners" I know. In one sentence he will be talking about his love for Jesus. Then he spots a hot chick and says "Holy fukc . Look at the tits on that bitch". I then mention that his actions are not very Christian, and he responds with "Don't judge me". Maybe he's just a "born again" bad apple, but he does nothing to change my view of religion.

I get very disgusted when I see losers on TV accused of crimes, and they say "God will work things out".

I get very disgusted when I see these urban church pastors driving brand new Cadillacs and wearing fur coats.

It sickens me when Catholic priests touch little boys penises.

It's these people that move me away from religion.

I have not yet experienced anything in my life that would lead me closer to God. Everything so far has moved me farther away.

I don't mean to offend you when I use the term "brainwashing". I don't think there is anything wrong with having strong faith in Jesus. I'm sure you're a better person for it. But it just doesn't click with me.
So when you got o family partie4s, do you get drawn into prayers prayed in Jesus' name? Does anyone guilt you for not being saved? Is there perhaps even an elitist attitude?

Dude, I get frustrated by THE SAME plagues of the christian faith that you do. I am not in support of the super hypocrites out there either. But you have made the mistake of trying to fault God by highlihgting his people's sins. If you want to understand God more, then look to God himself, not public wackos. If you wanted to understand the airline industry, you would look at the balance sheet of american airlines or the ideologies of the CEO, you would not just study planes that crash (which is the equivalent of what you are doing in matter of faith). Believe it or not, some christians out there are bettering the world, loving their neighbors, caring for widows, paying people's mortgages when they lost their job, etc.

Remember, the jerk at your work who womanizes, he is the one who knows how messed up he is , and how badly he needs God. Whether or not he allows God to change him fully is another matter. You see, the sin nature of mankind does not disapprear when one says they believe, they remian sinners, but they receive forgiveness. Sure, the jerk ought to straighten out his life, but he will never be perfect, neither will I, neither will you. You may not have as many overt problems as that guy, but you got problems/sins just like me. The amount of your imperfection does not matter, but the penalty of that sin is what matters.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07942 seconds with 20 queries